Travelife is on the hunt for hard-working individuals who are eager to explore the world of sustainability through the Travel & Tourism Industry! We take seriously our role of creating access to help you gain meaningful, skill-building work experiences. As an intern, you will gain a greater understanding of how sustainability is applied in tourism, particularly for tour operators and travel agents. The goal is to provide you with additional opportunities to access professional experiences as you transition from school to your career.
- Are you an advanced bachelor (3rd and 4th year), Masters and Graduate Student?
- Looking to put your new skills and knowledge to use?
- Have a good level of English? Possibly even a second language could be helpful!
- Looking to meet industry leaders and professionals?
- Wondering when you’ll get to put your Microsoft Office skills to use? Or the ability to pick up skills quickly
- Answering yes to most of these questions? This could be the opportunity for you!
How your day might look:
- Research and development projects
- Preparation and coordination for internationally recognised events
- Maintaining social media platforms and stimulating engagement (check us out!)
- Building professional relationships with industry leaders
- Supporting & coaching tour operators worldwide in creating their roadmap to achieve the Travelife certification
- Review of sustainability documentation and reporting
- Having fun and learning every step of the way!
- You will be compensated €300/m, plus reimbursed for your travels within the Netherlands
- Learning of countless transferable skills
- Fun and friendly workplace culture
- Build lifelong friendships and business relationships
- Free tea & coffee for all you hot drink lovers. Plus some treats now and then!
- Build communication and presentation skills
When do we want you?
Is it an Amsterdam summer of fun, or a winter wonderland you're after? We’re looking for full-time interns for a minimum of 6 months, starting in January or July (Part-time opportunities are also negotiable). The successful candidate must relocate to Amsterdam where Travelife HQ is based.
Get in touch!
If this sounds like you, flick us a message at email@example.com with your CV and a motivational letter. Applications must be sent at least 2 months before your internship would begin.
See you in our inbox soon!
New job position available!
Travelife is calling all detail-oriented professionals from the Travel & Tourism Industry in Laos, who would like to contribute to the Laos National Green Growth Strategy 8th Five-Year National Socio-Economic Development Plan, and the National Tourism Strategy as well as SDG goals 8 (Decent work) and 12 (Sustainable consumption and production (SCP)) by promoting SCP through sustainable supply chain development in the Laos tourism sector. If this sounds like something you would like to practice, the job position of a Project Coordinator (PC) within the frame of the SUSTOUR project is now available!
What is required?
- To provide technical support and advice to the SUSTOUR project manager, project and partner
staff on the project approaches and implementation of activities;
- To povide technical advice regarding the Travelife and Lasting Laos certification programmes,
sustainable tourism and SCP in the Lao tourism industry;
- To support, mobilize and mentor MSMEs in the Lao tourism industry to improve SCP
practices through adoption and application of the sustainability standards and certifications
as promoted by ECEAT and the project;
- To build capacity of project and partner staff to advise tourism and supplier MSMEs on
Travelife methodology, sustainable tourism and SCP practices;
- To represent the project in relevant local and regional meetings and forums, supporting the
project to achieve objective 3.
- Part-time position in which the PC can work up to 50% of their time on the project
- The PC's work schedule can be flexible and remote work from another country can be accommodated, but the PC is still expected to work in Laos for extended periods of time and be based in either Vientiane
Capital or Luang Prabang
- The PC position will require regular travel within Laos as well as irregular
travel within the S.E.A and EU regions (e.g. for participation in regional tourism events and trade shows)
- The PC will work in close cooperation with the ECEAT head office in the Netherlands and act as the
focal point and liaison between ECEAT, the Project Manager, the project team and other project
- The PC will work in tandem and share some responsibilities with a Travelife and
SCP expert from ECEAT based in the region and working remotely
- Plan International Laos will provide the PC with all necessary work visas and permits as well as office
space in one of the project offices.
Get in touch!
If this sounds aligned with your interests and professional background, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a motivational letter. Applications must be sent before the 15th of December 2022.
See you in our inbox soon!